Advance your nursing career with an institution that champions your goals.
Whether you’re a recent graduate or a seasoned nurse, the University of Saint Mary (USM) understands that at any stage in your career continuing your education takes a great deal of commitment. So, from your first day until graduation, the University of Saint Mary faculty and support staff will be there to assist you in earning your degree. At USM, online doesn’t mean alone.
Accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)*, the online RN to BSN degree program ensures registered nurses gain the skills and knowledge to stay on the cutting edge of health care.
Gain Stability in an Evolving Industry
The health care field is rapidly expanding, and nurses continue to be in high demand with the Bureau of Labor Statistics predicting job growth for registered nurses to grow 19 percent by 2022. Coupled with this, the American Nurses Association is pushing for nurses to return to the classroom and continue their education, noting the need to stay current with new practices and technologies. To take advantage of this growing demand and secure your current role, it’s paramount you return to the classroom and continue your education with the University of Saint Mary online RN-BSN degree program.
Why the University of Saint Mary Online RN-BSN
A Tradition of Learning
- Grounded in the tradition of liberal arts and founded in 1923, the University of Saint Mary instills within its nursing students the decision-making and critical-thinking skills employers desire, along with fostering a sense of community.
Coursework for Your Lifestyle and Your Career
- Earn your RN-BSN degree conveniently online, in as little as 12 months, and without any residency requirements.
- Build upon your current understanding of health care and the role of a nurse in general through rigorous, in-depth courses such as health assessment, pathophysiology, research in nursing, palliative care, and community health.
- Gain the ability to lead organizations and act in a manner that benefits society as a whole through Sister Simone Roach’s Five C’s of Caring – Commitment, Conscience, Competence, Compassion, and Confidence.
Continue Your Education – MSN Degree Tuition Discount
- BSN alumni who wish to continue their education at the University of Saint Mary may be eligible to receive a 5% tuition discount towards pursuing their online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree. The advanced master’s degree offers two career-building specializations in nurse education and nurse administration.**
Take the Next Step
Learn more about how the University of Saint Mary online and on-campus programs can help you advance your career and achieve your goals. Call us at today at 877-307-4915 to speak to an Admissions Advisor or request more information.
* The Bachelor of Science in Nursing program at the University of Saint Mary is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791.
** Tuition reduction applies to applicants of Online Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) program who are graduates of the following University of Saint Mary on-campus or online degree programs: Traditional Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree, Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree, or Registered Nurse to Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree. The tuition reduction reflects a cost per credit hour rate decrease from $615.00 to $584.25. To qualify for the tuition reduction, a student must be an alumnus of the University of Saint Mary and enroll in the Online MSN degree within ten (10) years from the student's BSN graduation date. Qualified students who may be eligible for additional discounts, will only be allowed to apply one discount towards a degree’s tuition. Tuition reduction is for United States citizens and permanent residents only, and tuition and fees are subject to change without notice. Call 877-307-4915 for more information.