This course introduces the students to the key leadership concepts and theories and their effective use in the oversight of a healthcare organization.
Duration: 8 weeks
Credits: 3 credits
Students will develop and apply strategies for leadership and management in areas of accounting, finance, marketing, human resources and operations.
Throughout this course, weekly topics may include but are not limited to:
- Human Resource Management
- Human Asset Management
- Leadership Theory and Development
- Operations Management
- Community Relations and Marketing
- Change Management
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of HCMGT 721, you will be able to:
- Analyze the leading theories, principles and foundation of leadership development.
- Assess financial and operational dilemmas that arise in providing healthcare access.
- Evaluate leadership and management strategies needed to achieve successful outcomes in the healthcare system.
- Create a leadership philosophy.
- Apply the general principles of accounting, finance, marketing, organizational behavior, and operations management and how it impacts the management of a healthcare organization.
- Develop strategies for management of human resources in a healthcare organization.
To learn more about the MSN program or other courses in the MSN program from the University of Saint Mary, call 877-307-4915 to speak with an admissions advisor or request more information.