Learn how to develop effective health care models and become a leader in the field.
Duration: 8 weeks
Credits: 3 credits
Health care is one of the most talked about and analyzed topics in our country today. In NU 718 Delivery of Care in the Health Care Environment, you’ll examine and evaluate the value of current delivery of care in the modern health care environment.
You’ll examine existing health care practices and analyze new models of care. Throughout the course, you’ll apply your knowledge and gain valuable insights through lively discussions with fellow classmates and your instructor. As you explore the delivery of health care, you’ll identify opportunities to become involved in policy decisions and make a difference in this dynamic field.
What You’ll Learn in NU 718
In this course, you’ll examine levels of function and clinical integration to determine the best models to meet the needs of different health care organizations and communities. Public implications of health care infrastructure are also explored in relation to to nursing and systems of care.
Throughout this course, weekly topics may include but are not limited to:
- Overview of Health Care Service Delivery
- The Forces of Change in Health Care/Health Insurance Payment for Health Care Services
- Leadership Solutions to Health Care Problems
- Adjusting to New Models of Care: Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs), Medical/Health Homes, & Nurse-managed Health Clinics (NMHCs)
- The Metaparadigm of Nursing, Theory, and Evidence-based Practice
- The Pursuit of Quality Care
- Putting It All Together: A Look Into the Future
- Presenting the Emerging Health Care Delivery Model
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of NU 718, you will be able to:
- Evaluate the value of current delivery of care systems in the modern health care environment.
- Analyze new models of delivery of care systems that meet the needs of organizations and of society.
- Evaluate levels of function and clinical integration of new models of delivery of care systems.
- Analyze public implications of health care infrastructure in relation to nursing and systems of care.
- Apply acquired knowledge from the course content to compare and contrast two new models of health care delivery that align with both the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) and the metaparadigm of nursing.
To learn more about Delivery of Care in the Health Care Environment or other courses in the online MSN program from the University of Saint Mary, call 877-307-4915 to speak with an admissions advisor or request more information.