When can I start the program I have selected?
The University of Saint Mary offers several start dates per year for its online programs. To find out the most convenient start date for your needs, call us at 877.307.4915 to speak to an admissions advisor.
How much time do classes take?
On average, students spend about 15 to 20 hours a week per class on coursework. Some individuals may complete coursework more quickly, others may require more time. It can vary depending on your own study habits.
My schedule is pretty full and often changes week to week. Can I still successfully complete the programs?
You can complete your coursework when it’s convenient for you, whether that’s late at night, early in the morning, or in the middle of the day. As long as you meet the deadlines for assignments, you can work whenever and wherever you want.
Do the online programs require a campus residency?
No. These programs are 100% online.
Will my online diploma be different from the one campus students receive?
No. Your degree program and diploma from the University of Saint Mary will be the same one that our campus students receive. Instructors are from the USM faculty and the curriculum is as challenging as the ones in our campus programs.
What kind of support do you offer?
Supporting our students is a top priority. In addition to an admissions advisor who will guide you through the admissions and enrollment process, you will have access to Technical Support that is open 24/7 to answer your questions and provide technical support to help solve computer issues you may experience. Throughout the program, you will also have a dedicated student services coordinator who will regularly reach out to you to provide support and guidance. We pride ourselves on the responsiveness of our faculty members, who can make themselves available for questions and discussion.
Is financial aid available?
Yes, aid is available for those who qualify. Go to our Financial Aid page for details on the process.
Is the University of Saint Mary accredited?
Yes, we are accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA), located at 30 North La Salle Street, Suite 2400, Chicago, Ill. 60802-2504.
Are the individual programs accredited?
Yes. The Master of Business Administration, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration-Management, Bachelor of Science in Accounting, and Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity is accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).*
What computer hardware and software will I need to access the online courses?
These are the technical requirements necessary for your online courses to run properly.
- Any computer that is capable of running a modern Operating System (OS). For example:
- Windows 7
- Max OS/X
- More memory (RAM) will allow for more applications, such as your online course and Microsoft Word, to be open and will speed up your computer in general.
- A High Speed/Broadband internet connection.
- If your computer does not already have this functionality, you will want to purchase a microphone (either standalone or with a set of headphones) and a webcam. These will be used at times for synchronous meetings, voice-over PowerPoint presentations, and/or video discussions and presentations.
- Web Browser Requirements: The following web browsers are supported and tested and need to be kept current for the latest version:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Apple Safari
- Microsoft IE Internet Explorer
If you have more questions, call us at 877.307.4915 to speak to an admissions advisor or request more information today.