All common and administrator core courses including NU 745 Nursing Practicum I. NU 747 may be taken concurrently with NU 749 Capstone Synthesis with permission of the program director.
Illustrate your abilities and turn your proposal into a successful project.
Duration: 8 weeks
Credits: 2 credits
Now that you’ve completed Nursing Practicum I, you’re ready to continue your real-life application of the knowledge you’ve gained in your coursework. In NU 747 Nursing Practicum II, you’ll use the proposal you completed in Practicum I as a template for the implementation of your scholarly project.
In addition to your scholarly project, there will be opportunities for you to further demonstrate the competencies endorsed by the American Organization of Nurse Executives (AONE) or the National League of Nursing (NLN) by documenting them in a professional portfolio. In your portfolio, you’ll present a reflection of how these competencies have been completed and what you feel was gained in the process.
What You’ll Learn in NU 747
In this course, you’ll continue to implement role components of a nurse administrator or nurse educator in a health care organization or educational setting, and apply the knowledge, skills, and attitudes of an advance practice nurse. You’ll continue working in a health care setting with a master’s or doctorate-prepared RN preceptor.
Throughout this course, weekly topics may include but are not limited to:
- Project Introduction
- Portfolio Organization
- Communication in Health Care
- Role of the Advanced Practice Nurse
- Group Dynamics
- Culture and Culture Sensitivity
- Writing and Research
- Informatics and the Health Care Environment
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of NU 747, you will be able to:
- Implement project components as identified in Practicum I.
- Produce a written log of time and activities as they relate to program outcomes and professional competencies.
- Provide evidence of scholarly writing and presentation materials and activities to be summarized and shared in capstone synthesis.
- Provide evidence of development of a professional environment through accountability and high-level communication skills.
- Examine professional role and skill set of an advanced practice nurse in the terms of self and professional environment.
- Apply current theories and frameworks to structure design, implementation, and evaluation of advance practice project.
To learn more about Nursing Practicum II or other courses in the online MSN program from the University of Saint Mary, call 877-307-4915 to speak with an admissions advisor or request more information.