Prepare to lead the next generation of nurses.
The Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree from University of Saint Mary is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)* and integrates the Essentials of Master's Education in Nursing (2011) from the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN). This accredited online MSN program provides you with the very latest education to help you advance in the rapidly changing and growing health care environment nursing profession.
If pursuing your doctorate is a future goal, our curriculum and clinical options may help put you a step ahead. Select courses in our online MSN program such as advanced health assessment, advanced physiology and pathophysiology, and advanced pharmacology, may also be applied toward your doctoral program of choice.
You'll receive the very latest education to help you advance in a rapidly changing and growing nursing profession.
Be the Future of Nursing
The University of Saint Mary online MSN program will give you the latest knowledge and the highly respected credentials you need to help take the next step in your nursing career today. Plus, the doctorate preparation may set you up for greater career opportunities.
Relevant Nursing Leadership Specializations for Two Fast-Growing Fields
The online Master of Science in Nursing from the University of Saint Mary offers a choice of two career-building specializations in some of the fastest-growing segments of the health care industry:
- Nurse Educator: A master's degree in nursing is required to teach courses at the college level. The online MSN from the University of Saint Mary also prepares you to pursue a doctorate, which opens the doors to nursing education in graduate programs and higher levels of clinical practice.
- Nurse Administrator: Secure a leadership role in health care. An MSN with a focus on nursing administration is an ideal entry-level degree for nurse managers and/or administrators. Nurse administrators utilize advanced knowledge of organizational leadership, health policy, and evidence-based practice to foster the delivery of safe, effective, efficient, and quality patient care. An MSN from USM is designed to prepare you for a leadership role in a variety of health care settings.
Why the Accredited Online MSN from the University of Saint Mary is Right for You:
- Choose from two specializations to match your professional goals: Nurse Educator and Nurse Administrator
- Clinical hours may be completed where you work
- Our curriculum and clinical options may put you a step ahead should you decide to pursue a doctorate
- Online convenience with no residency requirements – perfect for busy, working nurses
- Education rooted in Sister Simone Roach's 5 Cs of Caring – Conscience, Confidence, Compassion, Commitment and Competence**
Take the Next Step
Learn more about how the University of Saint Mary online and on-campus programs can help you advance your career and achieve your goals. Call us at today at 877-307-4915 to speak to an Admissions Advisor or request more information.
*The Master of Science in Nursing program at the University of Saint Mary is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 887-6791.
** Roach, M.S. (1992). The human act of caring: A blueprint for the health professions. Ottawa, Ontario: Canadian Hospital Association Press.