Take your career from technician to manager.
The health care industry is rapidly expanding and in need of individuals with a finely tuned understanding of health information management. In fact, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment opportunities within the heath information management field are expected to grow by 23 percent within the next ten years. Coupled with this, an increasing number of employers are requiring individuals to have passed the Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) certification exam, a credential that is paramount for career advancement.
An Education Unlike Any Other
The online Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management at the University of Saint Mary offers professionals already working in the health informatics field the vital skills needed for career advancement. According to a 2010 study conducted by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA), individuals who have their baccalaureate earn 24.3% more than their counterparts who hold only an associate's degree and have a yearly earning potential of more than $100,000.
Graduates of the online health information management degree program have the potential to find rewarding careers, such as:
- Data Quality Manager: A data quality manager establishes roles, responsibilities, and policies regarding acquiring, maintaining, and disseminating data.
- Director of Coding: A director of coding develops, implements, and maintains record coding plans. They may also plan, direct, and organize the daily operations of a coding department.
- Business Analyst: A business analyst is responsible for analyzing a business or organization along with its processes and systems. They typically work with information technology to improve the systems and services being used at the organization.
- Information Security Manager: An information security manager protects company assets, data, or information infrastructure against loss, misuse, or other risks.
- Health Information Services Manager or Director: Health service managers direct, plan, and coordinate health and medical services. They may manage a medical practice, a specific clinical area, or even an entire facility.
A Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management degree will give you the skills you need to advance your career. Learn more about the program by calling us at 877-307-4915 or by requesting more information.